Living A Trouble Free Life -


Living a Trouble
Free Life

John 14:1 (Whole Chapter)
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.


Are you weary? No need to be. Are you heavy
''hearted? No need for that either. Do you have
troubles? Are you carrying a heavy load? if
so, there is something you can do about it. Dr.
Curtis Hutson used to say, " I am the only one
who can mess up my day." He refused to allow
health problems, finances, weather conditions,
people, or any circumstances or situations to rob
him of God's blessings. I can do that too, and
so can you. Jesus spoke of" being free indeed."
We can live above the circumstances. In this
passage, there are four reasons given to enable
me to do this.

.. First, we have peace. The Bible speaks of
(Romans 5;1),- peace with God, Romans 5:l),  peace of God
(Philippians 4 : 6,7), and peace with people and
our surroundings (John- 14:27). This peace is
(John 14:1) available outside of an intensive care room,
or by a casket at the funeral home. There is a
place. There is Heaven. We have His Word on
it. As we read about the place He has gone to prepare, we can rise
up above despair. We have an inheritance, incorruptible, undefiled,
that fadeth not away (l Peter l:3-4). Also, we have a promise: "
I will come again." The excitement of His soon coming will turn
mountains into molehills. Lastly, we have the person. Jesus is the
only Person qualified to get us into Heaven. He is the solution to
our problems. He is the answer to our questions. He is not a best
way, or one of the ways, He is the only way. "Come unto me," He
said, "and I will give you rest."

Dr. Tom Wallace, Pastor Emeritus,
Franklin Road Baptist Church, Murfreesboro, TN

Today's Through the Bible Reading
Ezekiel 47,48; I John 1