What Does Your Love Say? -




Text: 1 John 5:1-5

What Does Your Love Say?

1 John 5:3 (Whole Chapter)
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

   When I started courting my wife in Bible

College,  she went to our pastor and asked

him what questions she should ask me to make

sure I was a good man. He instructed her to ask

me if I tithed.  He said, "If he says he loves

the Lord and does not give to the Lord, then

likewise he will tell you he loves you and not

give to you." This is very sound wisdom and

I've have seen many a spouse say they love the

other, but their actions state the opposite.

Just like in our text, if we say we love the Lord

and we don't obey, give, and serve Him, then

something is amiss.  Love is more action than

it is feeling;  so how is our love manifested in

our lives? What do our actions say about our

real love for the Lord? 1 John 4:20 states, "If a

man say,  I love God, and hateth his brother, he

is a liar! for he that loveth not his brother whom

he hath seen, how can he love God whom he

hath not seen?"  There needs to be a consistency

between what we say and what we do.

So, as I look at my life today, is what I say illustrated by my

actions? If not then I need to confess my lack of consistency.  Then

I need to make this a part of my daily prayer life; analyzing and

asking God to speak and empower my love be genuine.



Matthew 6:24,

"'No man can serve two masters: for either he will
hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and

despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."



Pastor Jerry Beaver,
Tabernacle Baptist Church,

Roswell, NM

 Today's Through the Bible Reading

Ezekiel 17,18,19; Hebrews 13